Thursday, May 13, 2010



My Bicep and Tricep Workout
by W.R.

Here is some information on upper arm training. I received
an E-Mail about a person who only does two sets total for
his upper arms, and he is having success with his muscle
growth. That information helps reinforce the theory that
more is not better. I used to work each bodypart 2 times
a week. I stopped weight training for a long time, due to
my work schedule. I didn't stop reading magazines and
books. I realize that times change, and scientific studies
have come a long way. I am 37 years old, 5' 6", and weigh
185 lbs. Since I have been weight training again (about 3
months) I just can't believe how my body is responding.
After 6 weeks of training I decided to try creatine. I like
to keep my workouts as simple as possible. I could
actually watch myself grow. My upper arms are growing
like crazy. And I am doing less now than I used to, and I
am getting better results. The fact is that the creatine is
playing a big role in my growth because of muscle cell
volumnizing. But I am giving my body longer to recover,
and that plays just as big as a role. If I work out my biceps
on a Monday, I hit them again on Friday. Then I only hit my
biceps on Wednesday of the following week. So I am
traning each bodypart 3 times every 2 weeks. Here is a
typical upper arm work-out for me.

Bicep
2 warmup sets with curl bar
3 x 8 with a curl bar increasing weight each set
3 x 8 - 10 one arm preacher curls
2-3 x 8 - 10 alternating dumbbell curls

Every couple weeks I substitute concentration curls for
preacher curls, I also do dumbbell hammer curls instead
of alternating dumbbell curls.

Tricep
My triceps a usually warmed up from my chest workout,
so I go right at them hard.

3 x 6 - 8 close grip bench press
3 x 8 - 10 skull crushers
2 x 15 tricep kickbacks

I keep my workout simple but very intense. After taking
creatine for three weeks my upper arms grew a little
over two inches. Take a little more time to recuperate
between workouts and keep your workouts simple.


How Many Calories Should I Be Eating?


Lose Fat, Gain Muscle, Shape Up. Sign up for our Free Weekly Bodybuilding,
Fitness and Health Tips Newsletter, and you will be automatically entered
in our monthly drawing to win Free Bodybuilding Supplements and other great prizes.
Stay informed, stay motivated, win free stuff, join today!

Click Here To Sign Up Free

No comments:

Post a Comment